Sunday, January 22, 2012

Miracle at the Rib Shack

It was totally a last minute thing. A surprise lunch birthday celebration at Wanda's favorite spot, a quaint little rib shack that sold amazing ribs, beans and cornbread. Wanda had no idea that we were planning this, so it made it all the more fun when she walked in the restaurant completely in shock.
I had invited several of her friends, and although many couldn't make it, the girls that came were beautiful, vibrant and ready to celebrate. (And like women who are somehow all connected, we all "got the memo" and wore matching sweaters!!)

Brandi arrived a little bit late and frankly, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Where once stood a healthy, vibrant, beautiful young woman now stood a woman who seemed to be near death. It was as though something were literally sucking the life out of her.

As I listened to her tell me of what it was like to have fibro-myalgia, I sensed the Holy Spirit begin to whisper some questions for her to contemplate.

"Do you have any unforgiveness in your life? Is there any pain that you need to let go of?" It must have sounded strange to bring up something so seemingly random in the middle of cole slaw and wet napkins.

"Yes, I haven't forgiven my rapist."


I had no idea that she had been though something so soul-ripping.


With her permission, I explained that when you are physically intimate with another person, even though rape is an act of violence and the furthest thing from being close, you have become spiritually connected with that person. A soul tie has been created and even though Brandi hadn't seen her rapist in years and had done everything she could to move forward, there was still a connection with this man. I explained that with God's help, in Jesus' name, she could break that tie.

"Would you agree to say a simple prayer that will end the connection that you have with this man?"

"Yes," I could tell that Brandi was anxious to move forward.

I asked her to repeat the following prayer, "God, break the soul ties between me and xxxx, in Jesus' name." We all felt the presence of God strongly at our table. He was there.

Then I asked her if she was willing to pray to forgive her rapist. Her chin quivered as she said "Yes."

Again she repeated a prayer, "God, help me to forgive xxxx."

Angels were rejoicing!! Tears were flowing!!

"Now you're free, Brandi," I explained. Her face seemed to visibly shift in my presence.


We have cellular memory--our body relives trauma over and over again unless we ask God to set us free. I truly believe that, at the cellular level, Brandi's rapist was able to continually assault her and literally suck the life out of her years after the assault. I'm praying for complete healing for Brandi!!

If you've been a victim of assault or rape, let someone know. There is bound to be a rape crisis center in your town. Attend their classes, speak to their counselors and take time to heal. And while you're doing that, call on the name of Jesus. He'll heal you from the inside out. He'll redeem you and then He'll spoil you and bring you into the light.

Pray this prayer for healing:

Lord, in the name of Jesus, I command the spirit of sickness away from my body. I release all forms of sickness, disease, fear, fibro-myalgia, agoraphobia, unforgiveness, and dissension. Set me free. Help me to forgive the unforgivable. Help me to release those people that have hurt me from the captivity of my mind and heart. Cleanse my mind and heart from all unrighteousness. Wash me clean and let me start anew with you as my savior. Lord set me free this day. In Jesus name, amen.

Say out loud, based on Matthew 5:44:

God, help me to love my enemies, bless those who curse me, do good to those who hate me, and pray for those who spitefully use me and persecute me.

No comments:

Post a Comment