Saturday, November 5, 2011

Why blog?

Yay!! I'm not sure how much time I have before the little guy wakes up (or the big guy gets out of the shower), but I wanted to log in just share a few quick things.

One is that this blog is so not my idea. Have you ever had one of those zap moments where God puts something on your heart and you know that you know that it's completely His idea? I had that moment about six years ago and it was all about writing a book for young people using God's word as a practical way to experience joy, peace and victory in all areas of your life.

So here it is, a marriage, a baby, a career change (from full-time radio personality and marketing director at a Christian radio station in the hills of the Napa Valley to a full-time stay at home mommy, wife and occasional volunteer) and a few hair colors later and I'm finally writing.

The bottom line is that God loves His kids. Bigtime. He sees our struggles and He wants to provide a way out.

And just so you know, this is not from the perspective of a girl who grew up in a Christian home with a white picket fence (although we did have a pretty cool fence, it just wasn't white or picket for that matter). I hail from a home full of love, dysfunction and divorce. I didn't find Jesus (He actually found me, but that's a story for later...) until I was in my 20s and I desperately needed Him way before that. My story involves alcoholism, drug experimentation, arrest and all that goes with it. Jesus came to me in a way that was clear and real. I get that He loves me, but more than that, I get that He loves YOU.

So that's what this blog is all about. It may be funny at times, it may seem serious, or dark or gritty. Honestly, I can't concern myself with making all that I write comfortable for all that may read it. This is an assignment that I've received from God. He's the author, I'm just the girl that's writing it.

If you feel led, please share this with a young person that may be going through some tough stuff. Tell their teachers about it. Teenagers and young people are committing suicide at an alarming rate. This is serious business.

Underneath the gravity, is the reality that God created us to be at peace, to live victoriously and to be free--no matter what your circumstances. He is the author and finisher of our faith. Believe that. Receive that. He loves us. No matter what.

The deal with what I write is that at the end of each segment ("Sexting", "Discipline", "Craigslist Call Girl", "Peer Pressure") is a verse from scripture that I've personalized. The idea is to say this verse OUT LOUD. Like an affirmation. God's word is alive!!! It's amazing. You will feel different as you say the verse OUT LOUD. You will sense and receive His power.

I'm out for now. Hopefully, I will be back here soon. Thanks for sharing part of your day with me. Have a powerful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment